Jan. 26, 2011
State Council For Educator Effectiveness Meets Friday, Jan. 28, In Denver
The next meeting for the State Council for Educator Effectiveness will be on Friday, Jan. 28 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Del Pueblo, 750 Galapago St., in Denver. (Del Pueblo is the site of a former elementary school.)
Please note that if you plan to contribute public comment, the Council requests that you notify Vanessa Roman at email@example.com with your name and topic of comment so staff may plan accordingly.
The agenda includes:
- 9 a.m. – Welcome and Announcements
- 9:10 a.m. – Framing and Progress Monitoring
- 9:15 a.m. – Teacher Quality Standards
- 9:45 a.m. – Approaches to Measuring Teacher Quality Standards
- 10:45 a.m. – Public Comment
- 11 a.m. – Principal Quality Standards
- 12:30 p.m. – Approaches to Measuring Principal Quality Standards
- 1:15 p.m. – Combining Multiple Measures for Experienced Educators
- 2:45 p.m. – SBE Report Preview
- 3 p.m. – Communications
- 4:15 p.m. – Public Comment
- 4:45 p.m. - Closing
The 15-member council met for the first time on March 11, 2010. The purpose of the council, according to the governor’s charge, is to provide a forum for considering options and providing recommendations to ensure that every educator is:
· Evaluated using multiple, fair, transparent, timely, rigorous and valid methods, at least 50 percent of which is determined by academic growth of their students.
· Afforded a meaningful opportunity improve their effectiveness.
· Provided the means to share effective practices with other educators statewide.
Among other charges, the council was given an April 2011 deadline to draft definitions of teacher effectiveness and principal effectiveness and to “develop and recommend guidelines for adequate implementation of a high-quality educator evaluation system.”
Council members represent the business community, teachers, higher education, school district administrators, school board members, charter schools, parents, students and the state department of education.
Additional dates have been added to the council’s planning meeting schedule. All meetings will be held at Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax, State Board Room in Denver, unless otherwise noted. They are:
· Friday, Feb. 11, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Friday, Feb. 25, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Friday, March 11, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Friday, March 25, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Friday, April 8, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Friday, April 22, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information on educator effectiveness, visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/scripts/reforms/detail.asp?itemid=181271
For technical assistance, E-Mail: CDE_Communications_Office@cde.state.co.us