Jan. 24, 2011
Next Meeting of Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board Is Wednesday, Jan. 26 in Denver
The next meeting of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB) is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 26.
The meeting will be held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101, in Denver.
The meeting agenda includes:
- Roll call;
- Approve agenda;
- Approve minutes from October and November meetings;
- Board report;
- Directors report
- Miami-Yoder School District JT-60 ribbon cutting;
- Status of FY2010-2011 certificate of participation projects;
- Update on Akron R-1 School District’s certificate of participation project;
- Discussion on the results of the procurement meeting held Nov. 30, 2010;
- Discussion pertaining to charter school match percentages;
- Discussion pertaining to Colorado Historic Society issues;
- Discussion pertaining to capital renewal amounts for BEST lease-purchase projects;
- Discussion pertaining to encumbering money for master planning;
- Set date for June meetings;
- The monthly board
meetings for 2011 are scheduled for:
- Feb. 23
- March 23
- April 27
- May 25
All meetings are scheduled for 1—3:30 p.m. in Room 101, 201 E. Colfax Ave., in Denver.
For more information, contact Ted Hughes, director of division of public school capital construction assistance at 303-866-6948.
The BEST legislation increases the level of financial assistance provided to school districts, charter schools and Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) for capital construction projects, particularly in those school districts that can’t afford to meet their own needs.
The function of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board is to protect the health and safety of persons using public school facilities and to maximize student achievement by ensuring public school facilities provide a safe and un-crowded environment that is conducive to student learning.
For more information on the Capital Construction Assistance Board and to read board minutes, visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/CapConstmain.htm