Jan. 20, 2011
State Council For Educator Effectiveness Will Meet Monday Jan. 24
The next meeting for the State Council for Educator Effectiveness will be held on Monday, Jan. 24 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the University of Denver Morgridge College of Education, Ruffatto Hall, Community Room 105, 1999 E. Evans Ave., in Denver.
Please note that if you plan to contribute public comment, the Council requests that you please notify Vanessa Roman at email@example.com with your name and topic of comment so staff may plan accordingly.
The 15-member council met for the first time on March 11, 2010. The purpose of the council, according to the governor’s charge, is to provide a forum for considering options and providing recommendations to ensure that every educator is:
- Evaluated using multiple, fair, transparent, timely, rigorous and valid methods, at least 50 percent of which is determined by academic growth of their students.
- Afforded a meaningful opportunity improve their effectiveness.
- Provided the means to share effective practices with other educators statewide.
Among other charges, the council was given a March 1, 2011 deadline to draft definitions of teacher effectiveness and principal effectiveness and to “develop and recommend guidelines for adequate implementation of a high-quality educator evaluation system.”
Council members represent the business community, teachers, higher education, school district administrators, school board members, charter schools, parents, students and the state department of education.
Additional dates have been added to the council’s planning meeting schedule. All meetings will be held at Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax, State Board Room in Denver, unless otherwise noted. They are:
- Friday, Jan. 28, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 11, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 25, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 11, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 25, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 8, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 22, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Meeting minutes are available on the Governor’s Web site at www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/GovRitter/GOVR/1251573887411.