Dec. 14, 2010
State Council For Educator Effectiveness Meeting Friday, Dec. 17
The next meeting for the State Council for Educator Effectiveness will be held on Friday, Dec. 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., State Board Room, in Denver.
The agenda includes:
- 9 a.m. – Welcome and Announcements
- 9:15 a.m. – Framing and Progress Monitoring
- 9:25 a.m. – Review State-Local Flexibility
- 11:15 a.m. – Teacher Standards
- Noon – Public Comment
- 12:45 p.m. – Student Growth
- 2:45 p.m. – Technical Advisory Group Reports, Part 1
- 3:15 p.m. – Public Input
- 3:50 p.m. – Technical Advisory Group Reports, Part 2
- 4:40 p.m. – Communications Summary
- 5 p.m. - Adjourn
The 15-member council met for the first time on March 11, 2010. The purpose of the council, according to the governor’s charge, is to provide a forum for considering options and providing recommendations to ensure that every educator is:
- Evaluated using multiple, fair, transparent, timely, rigorous and valid methods, at least 50 percent of which is determined by academic growth of their students.
- Afforded a meaningful opportunity improve their effectiveness.
- Provided the means to share effective practices with other educators statewide.
Among other charges, the council was given a March 1, 2011 deadline to draft definitions of teacher effectiveness and principal effectiveness and to “develop and recommend guidelines for adequate implementation of a high-quality educator evaluation system.”
Council members represent the business community, teachers, higher education, school district administrators, school board members, charter schools, parents, students and the state department of education.
Additional dates have been added to the council’s planning meeting schedule. All meetings will be held at Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax, State Board Room in Denver, unless otherwise noted. They are:
- January 13-15, 2011 (Time and Location TBD)
- Friday, Jan. 28, 2011 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Meeting minutes are available on the Governor’s Web site at www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/GovRitter/GOVR/1251573887411.