You are here
News Release - Six Colorado schools awarded 2015 Blue Ribbon Schools
Sept. 30, 2015
Six Colorado schools awarded 2015 Blue Ribbon Schools
Interim Commissioner of Education Elliott Asp today congratulated six Colorado schools named by U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan as 2015 Blue Ribbon Schools.
“It’s fantastic to see these schools recognized for their hard work and perseverance,” said Asp. “Each school should be proud of their accomplishments in the classroom and in the community.”
The schools are:
- Centennial Elementary School in Colorado Springs (Harrison School District Two)
- Evergreen High School in Evergreen (Jeffco Public Schools)
- High Peaks Elementary School in Boulder (Boulder Valley School District)
- Kinard Core Knowledge Middle School in Fort Collins (Poudre School District)
- Penrose Elementary School in Penrose (Fremont RE-2 School District)
- Valor Christian High School in Highlands Ranch (private)
“This honor recognizes your students’ accomplishments and the hard work and dedication that went into their success,” Duncan said in a video message to the awardees. “Your journey has taught you collaboration, intentional instruction, and strong relationships in school and with your community. You represent excellence—in vision, in implementation, and in results—and we want to learn as much as we can from you.”
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private elementary, middle, and high schools where students either achieve very high learning standards or are making notable improvements in closing the achievement gap.
The program recognizes schools in one of two performance categories. Exemplary High Performing Schools are among their state’s highest performing schools as measured by state assessments or nationally normed tests. Exemplary Achievement Gap Closing Schools are among their state’s highest performing schools in closing achievement gaps between a school’s subgroups and all students over the past five years.
In all, 335 schools were recognized as 2015 National Blue Ribbon Schools. View a complete list.