- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies--Researched-Based Communication Tool Kit is a comprehensive document that brings together several components that advocates can use at state and local levels. Each component is research-based, drawing on careful reviews and analyses of research literature that confirm, explain and clarify the role of the arts in various significant policy contexts.
An Introduction to Scientifically Based Research - National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (2005).
- Arts Education Partnership (AEP) is a national coalition of arts, education, business, philanthropic and government organizations that demonstrate and promote the essential role of the arts in the learning and development of every child and in the improvement of America's schools. Publications on arts education advocacy and research.
Champions of Change: The Impact of the Arts on Learning- Arts Education Partnership. (1999).
Critical Links: Learning in the Arts and Student Academic and Social Development - Arts Education Partnership. (2002).
- The Dana Foundation
The Dana Foundation is a private philanthropic organization with particular interests in brain science, immunology, and arts education. The Arts Education initiative at Dana supports innovative programs leading to improved teaching in the performing arts in public schools. Grants, guidelines, publications, and resources are all online.
Learning, Arts and the Brain - The Dana Foundation. (2008).
- The YouthARTS Development Project
US Department of Justice. (2001).
- National Endowment for the Arts
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), an investment in America's living cultural heritage, serves the public good by nurturing the expression of human creativity, supporting the cultivation of community spirit, and fostering the recognition and appreciation of excellence and diversity of our nation's artistic accomplishments. Arts Learning publications, including, “How the Arts can enhance After School Programming.”
- Third Space: When Learning Matters
Council of Chief State School Officers recently published, Third Space: When Learning Matters which tells the riveting story of the profound changes in the lives of kids, teachers, and parents in ten economically disadvantaged communities across the country that place their bets on the arts as a way to create great schools.
- Annenberg Institute for School Reform
The Annenberg Institute for School Reform at Brown University develops, shares and acts on knowledge that improves the conditions and outcomes of schooling in America, especially in urban communities and in schools serving disadvantaged children.
- Harvard Project Zero
Project Zero's mission is to understand and enhance learning, thinking, and creativity in the arts, as well as humanistic and scientific disciplines, at the individual and institutional levels. Research Projects: Arts: This organization also has strong research on family involvement.
- The Wallace Foundation
The Wallace Foundation works to expand learning and enrichment opportunities for all people. The Knowledge Center on the web site is a repository of field-based evidence of what is working, what is not and why.