The Special Education Temporary Authorization (SETA) is now available for the 2014-2015 school year on the Educator Licensing Website. The SETA will replace and combine the Special Educator Eligibility (SEE) or Temporary Teacher Eligibility (TTE) applications.
- The SETA and TEI Authorization link is taken down or inactivated on March 15, 20xx annually.
- The SETA and TEI Authorization link will be reactivated for the new fiscal year on July 15, 20xx annually.
- Both the SETA and TEI Authorizations are valid for One (1) school year – July 1, 20xx thru June 30, 20xx.
- It is never appropriate to apply/renew with old forms, or the wrong fiscal year. Current year cycle is identified at the top of each form.
- The SETA and TEI process must be applied for annually, for a maximum of three (3) years (no extensions, no exceptions).
- Educator Licensing annual fee will apply.
- There are no refunds, no charge backs, all sales are final through the eLicensing system, regardless of whether your Authorization is either approved or denied.
- The new SETA and TEI Authorizations take 30-45 days to process depending on volume.
You will need an eLicensing Educator Account. Your account is your personal permanent lifetime account. All applications will be processed through your one eLicensing account.
- Each educator is required to have his or her own account (no sharing)
- Only one account per person is permitted
- Do not create more than one account
- Any account violations will result in account closure
- You will have 14 calendar days to complete the application process
- Read the guidelines on the eLicensing page that correspond to each licensing section
The new Special Education Temporary Authorization (SETA) and TEI applications are located (under the Authorizations section) in the eLicensing menu. The SETA application, will ask you several questions, and based on your response, you will be directed to either:
- SETA Application (Initial Year 1); or
- SETA Application Renewal (Years 2 and 3)
Click the link below to access Educator Licensing’s website.
Special Education Temporary Authorization (SETA) - SED-276
- SETA INSTRUCTIONS PDF 07/11/2014
- SETA - Educator Licensing Checklist (helpful info!) PDF 07/15/2014
- Adding an Endorsement to a Valid Teacher or Special Services Provider Credential (link to Educator Licensing webpage)
- Special Education Staff Qualifications - PDF -- updated 10/03/2014
- SETA Application is accessed thru the Educator Licensing website (see the link above)
Temporary Educational Interpreter (TEI) - SED-278
- TEI INSTRUCTIONS PDF 07/11/2014
- TEI - Educator Licensing Checklist (helpful info!) PDF 07/15/2014
- TEI Application, Supporting Documentation is accessed thru the Educator Licensing website (see the link above)
- CDE Educational Interpreter Website - http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdesped/rs-edinterpreters
Other Important Links:
For more information, contact:
Finance and Operations
1560 Broadway, Suite 1175
Denver, CO 80202
If you have problems finding something and/or questions about our website, please contact our Web Coordinator and be sure to copy the URL into the email to reference the page with the problem.