Special Education Temporary Authorization (SETA)
For the 2012-2013 school year a new process for Special Educator Eligibility (SEE) or Temporary Teacher Eligibility (TTE) is now located on the Educator Licensing Website.
Look for the new
Special Education Temporary
(under the Authorizations section) in the licensing menu; this is the new process thru Educator Licensing you will need to complete for your SEE or TTE.
Once you have accessed the SETA application, you will be asked several questions, and based on your response; you will be directed to either:
- SEE Application Addendum and Verification (Initial Year 1); or
- SEE Application Addendum and Verification Renewal (Years 2 and 3);
- TTE Application Addendum and Verification (Initial Year 1); or
- TTE Application Addendum and Verification Renewal (Years 2 and 3)
This new process must be applied for annually, with an annual fee of $15.00. Click the link below to access Educator Licensing’s website. The online Educator Licensing application process is a time sensitive system. Please be prepared to start your SETA application (14 calendar days to finish), including the uploaded and signed SEE or TTE forms.
You will need an eLicensing Educator Account. Your account is your personal permanent lifetime account. All applications will be done through your one account.
- Each educator is required to have his or her own account (no sharing).
- Only one account per person is permitted
- Do not create more than one account.
- Any account violations will result in account closure.
- You will have 14 calendar days to complete the application process.
- Read the instructions on the eLicensing page.
Please note: The SEE and TTE Application Addendum and the SEE and TTE Verification forms must be completed, with all required signatures and uploaded into the SETA application.
It is no longer necessary to mail the hard copy (paper) SEE/TTE/TEI applications.
Special Educator Eligibility (SEE) / Temporary Teacher Eligibility (TTE) - SED-276
SEE / TTE INSTRUCTIONS - PDF 09/12/2012
SEE / TTE Application Addendum and Verification is now accessed thru the Educator Licensing website (see the link above) --- Open!
Temporary Educational Interpreter (TEI) - SED-278
TEI INSTRUCTIONS - - PDF 10/15/2012
TEI Application, Supporting Documentation is now accessed thru the Educator Licensing website (see the link above) --- Open!
Other Important Links:
Special Education Staff Qualifications - PDF -- updated 05/06/2013
Highly Qualified Teachers - Link
For more information, contact:
Finance and Operations
1560 Broadway, Suite 1175
Denver, CO 80202
If you have problems finding something and/or questions about our website, please contact our Web Coordinator and be sure to copy the URL into the email to reference the page with the problem.