Welcome to the Colorado Autism Education Network. The Network has been developed to support the needs of schools, districts, and AU’s in providing high quality services and programming for students on the autism spectrum. The Colorado Autism Education Network team of state and regional coordinators will help your team determine and prioritize the needs for your setting. The Network provides education and training and field support.
Request for Field Support - When completing the field request, you will be prompted to describe the needs of your program and how they relate to Colorado’s Autism Quality Indicators
Questions about the Colorado Autism Education Network? Please contact Brooke Carson (see Consultant/Specialist Section below) with questions about the Autism Education Network.
Visit a Model Site
The Quality Indicators were created to assess model autism sites in Colorado. To visit a model site, contact a network coordinator in the desired area.
- Mountain and Denver Metro Area: Email Kate Loving
- North Central: Email Katie Wells
- Southeast: Email Cara Woundy
Colorado Autism Mentor Program (CAMP)
The Colorado Autism Education Network is excited to announce a new opportunity in the 2017-18 year for staff interested in increasing leadership skills in the area of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The Colorado Autism Mentor Program (CAMP) is designed to provide more intensive training to those serving students with ASD, and in coaching other professionals to do the same. The program will be divided into stages.
- From December 2017 through June 2018, the selected staff member will receive training from network personnel (CDE ASD Team)
- Upon completion, the AU/District staff member will choose a colleague from within your district to receive the same training between December 2018 and June 2019
- Then, with network guidance, the AU/District staff member will mentor that colleague as he or she goes through the program
The purpose of this program is to help districts build capacity in serving students with ASD while receiving invaluable training in evidence-based practices and support from the Colorado Autism Education Network.
- PowerPoint Slides - please read for more detailed information
The application is included IN the slides via a link (Slide/Page 2 at the bottom, “click here for the application”)
Share with staff in your districts whom you believe to be good candidates for this program. Travel costs are covered by CDE. If you have questions, feel free to contact Brooke Carson
Deadline for applications is: August 31 Selections will be made from across the state to ensure fair representation.