You are here
New Special Education Directors
The 2023 Orientation for New (and Near-New) Directors of Special Education (NDO) was held in person on August 28th. This meeting is for new and near-new directors of special education and will cover information regarding fiscal responsibilities, legal issues, dispute resolution, general supervision and monitoring, and much more.
- Meet State Special Education Director Dr. Paul Foster
- Overview of the Mentor Project
- IDEA B End of Year Budget and Project Narrative Amendment
- Identity Management AnLar/DMS, Certifying the End of Year Student and Discipline reports
- Navigating the CDE/ESSU Website
- Indicator 14
- Personnel Compliance.
Please mark your calendars to attend the monthly Lunch Connect meetings. These virtual opportunities are for group members to ask questions, stay up to date on various topics and network with each other.
Lunch Connect Dates
Lunch Connect meetings are scheduled for 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM on the following dates:
- September 22, 2023
- October 20, 2023
- November 17, 2023
- January 12, 2024
- February 16, 2024
- March 15, 2024
- April 19, 2024
- May 10, 2024
Participation certificates that can be used for licensure recertification will be issued.
This meeting is closed to new near-new Directors of Special Education.
- Special Education Director Calendar Checklist (PDF)
- Important Dates – Year at a Glance 2023-2024 (PDF)
- Special Education Directors' Handbook (July 2018) (PDF)
- Director Mentor Companion Guide (PDF)
Please be aware that although a New / Nearly New Special Director is welcome and encouraged to participate in the Orientation for New (and Near-New) Directors of Special Education and the Lunch Connect Meetings, only the AU Special Education Director of Record is assigned a CDE Mentor through the CDE Mentor Project.
Mary S. Gomez
Jon Paul Burden
Special Education Director Technical Assistance Specialist
Email Jon Paul Burden
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.