You are here
Special Education Directors' Corner
Revisions to the Extended Evidence Outcomes (EEO), now aligned to the 2020 Colorado Academic Standards, are available for public comment. For additional information:
Everybody Reads! Structured Literacy Pilot Application Open
- A two-year training and coaching series for rural elementary special educators and SLP/SLPAs supporting students identified with or suspected of having an SLD in reading including dyslexia.
- Everybody Reads! Program Flyer
New or Reorganization Application & Checklist
- New or Reorganization AU Application (Word Doc) - PDF Version Coming Soon
- Fact Sheet - Applications for or Reorganized Administrative Units (PDF)
- Instructions for Third Party Report (PDF)
Update your Special Education Director and Special Education Fiscal Contact Information.
Important Dates Coming Up
11 A complete and error-free SPED EOY Snapshot is due
30 2018-19 End of Year (EOY) expenditure submission is due
1 2019-20 Federal Application Narrative Amendment window #1 open through
4 SPED EOY Final Snapshot Approval due to CDE
25 2019-20 Federal Application Narrative Amendment #1 is due
28 2019-20 Budget Revision #1 window through November 8th
- Special Education Staff
- Colo. Special Education Directors
- Technical Assistance Documents
- Guidance Documents
- ESSU Responsibility List (2019)
- OSEP Memos/Dear Colleagues
This monthly e-newsletter is sent to administrators, educators and support staff and features training opportunities, news, and events.
Upcoming and Archived Trainings
(Special Education under "Topics" on the left)
Meetings and Conferences
Special Education Directors' Meeting
- Fall Director's Meeting, September 16 - 18, 2019
- Spring Directors' Meeting, April 29 - May 1, 2020
Excellence and Equity Conference
Memos to AU and Special Education Directors
- Questions and Answers On Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), Evaluations, and Reevaluations (PDF)
- Letter to State Directors of Special Education (PDF)
- Non-Regulatory Guidance: Ensuring Educational Stability for Children in Foster Care U.S.
- 2019 Standard Record Review including Early Childhood and Transition Age Students (PDF) Please contact Cindy Petersen if an alternate version of this document is needed.
- Standard Record Review Instructions 2019 (PDF) Please contact Cindy Petersen if an alternate version of this document is needed.
- CDE's Strategic Goals, AU Continuous Improvement Plan, and Part B Indicators, June 2015 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Documents:
- Example: How many IEPs to review in SY2017-18 (PDF)
- Uploading Documents for Review
New Special Education Director
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.