The Continuous Improvement Monitoring Process is a critical component of the Colorado Department of Education's general supervision requirements under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) 2004.
CIMP: Continuous Improvement Monitoring Process
The new requirements of P. L. 105-17, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act has posed many challenges and opportunities for the Colorado Department of Education staff and school districts throughout Colorado. Major efforts have enabled general and special education staff to move forward in improving results for students with disabilities, including (a) the establishment of the Colorado Steering Committee for the Continuous Improvement of Early Childhood and Special Education Programs; and (b) a clear articulation of goals and objectives to enhance Colorado schools and communities, especially in the context of Colorado special education.
- Continuous Improvement Monitoring Process (CIMP) Manual (PDF)
- Student Record Review (PDF)
- Enforcement Actions (PDF)
- File Review Checklist
- OSEP (U.S. Office of Special Education Programs)
- CSAP (Colorado Student Assessment Program)
- Assessing Students with Disabilities
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (303) 866-6812