Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
CSEAC is a state level committee mandated by federal and state law. Members are interested in the quality of education received by children/youth with disabilities. The committee includes parents of and individuals with disabilities, educational service providers, administrators and representatives from a variety of related agencies. Participation is statewide and representative of diverse disabilities.
The Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC) is currently recruiting for six (6) new members from across Colorado to advise the Colorado Department of Education’s Exceptional Student Services Unit on the issues of special education..
Applications may be submitted on a self-nominating basis until the positions are filled.
2013 Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee "People First" Award
The Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of this year's state "People First" Award. The individuals selected for this award have demonstrated "People First" philosophy while working with students with disabilities. This year's recipients include:
For more information about this award: Announcement (PDF)
In 2012, CSEAC received 54 nominations from throughout Colorado. View the winners! Click on the link and read why CSEAC, in the words of those who nominated them, chose the following three 2012 "People First" Award winners.
CSEAC - State Level
- The Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC) honored winners of the first annual 2012 State "People First" Awards. From among fifty-four nominations across Colorado, three individuals who demonstrated the “People First” philosophy, while working with Colorado students with special needs, were chosen to receive the award.
CSEAC - Local Level
- Current Local SEACs in the State, October 2011 (PDF)
- "The Power of Partnership" A Guide for Local SEACs in Colorado (PDF)
- Local SEACs Shared Ideas (PDF)
- Brochure: Forming a Local Special Education
Advisory Committee (PDF)
- Insert to Brochure (PDF)
To contact a CSEAC member or for further information:
Phone: (303) 866-6943 Fax: (303) 866-6767
Please state that your email message is for CSEAC.