CSEAC is a state level committee mandated by federal and state law. Members are interested in the quality of education received by children/youth with disabilities. The committee includes parents of and individuals with disabilities, educational service providers, administrators and representatives from a variety of related agencies. Participation is statewide and representative of diverse disabilities.
Standing Subcommittees are:
- Membership - Searches for and proposes new committee members to serve for six years (three 2-year terms).
- Public Policy and Legislation - Stays abreast of and disseminates information affecting education of children/youth with disabilities through electronic mail to members.
- Communications - Formulates and carries out plans to exchange information statewide.
- Student Outcomes - Advises on the development and implementation of the Colorado Special Education State Performance Plan.
All learners are respected and challenged with high expectations, their needs are met, and student aspirations for success are fulfilled.
Our mission is to actively represent children/youth with disabilities and impact decisions made on their behalf to enhance the quality of educational services.
- 2013-2014 Annual Report (PDF) (28 pages)
People First Information
- TA&D - State Advisory Panel on Special Education [Exiting CDE]
CSEAC - Scheduled Meetings (2 years)
All Dates Thursday unless otherwise specified.
To contact a CSEAC member or for further information:
David Ramer, Program Assistant
Phone: (303) 866-6943 Fax: (303) 866-6767
Email David Ramer
Please state that your email message is for CSEAC.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Colorado Department of Education or the Colorado State Board of Education.