The appropriate referral, identification, and placement of learners who are Culturally and/or Linguistically Diverse is necessary to ensure students' civil rights as well as a free and appropriate public education aligned with the individuals with Disabilities Education Act. Resources, opportunities for trainings and workshops as well as links to other sources of information on this topic are available below.
Resources at the Colorado Department of Education
- Multi-Tiered System of Support
Office of Learning Supports
- Language Culture and Equity
Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Early Learning and School Readiness
All resources were reviewed in 2015 (unless otherwise stated).
- Technical Assistance:
- Colorado Commission of Indian Affairs - contact person: Ernest House
- Can-Do Descriptors for WIDA Levels of English Language Proficiency (PDF)
- Speaking/Writing Rubrics of the WIDA Consortium (PDF)
- English Language Proficiency Standards Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 (PDF)
- English Language Proficiency Standards Grade 6 through Grade 12 (PDF)
- World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA)
- RtI Guidebook (PDF)
- SLD Guidelines (PDF)
- Glossary and Additional Articles, Under Review 2015 (PDF)
Upon review of the CLD Toolkit in early 2015, a few topics were determined to be out of date and have been removed. However, the bulk of the existing information will continue to aid educators in the field as they strive to meet the needs of their students. This Trainer-of-Trainers version will remain in place until a redesign of the delivery system and revitalization of the resources has been completed.
To begin using the current Toolkit version:
- Watch the CLD Toolkit Utilization Video prior to downloading the zipped Toolkit folders.
- Download the zipped Toolkit files
For more information, please contact: