CDE will be closed on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Annual Dropout Rate by District and School - 2011-12 School Year
Below is a map indicating the dropout rates by school district for the 2011-2012 school year. Drag your mouse over a school district and click to view the district dropout rate and special considerations.
State of Colorado - Grand Totals
2011-12 Dropout Rate: 2.9% (12,256 dropouts reported)
2010-11 Dropout Rate: 3.0% (12,744 dropouts reported)
2009-10 Dropout Rate: 3.1% (13,147 dropouts reported)
Average annual change in dropout rate over past 3 years (negative indicates improvement): - 0.1 percentage points
- 1: Small Districts: 33 of Colorado's 183 school districts enrolled fewer than 100 7th - 12th grade students during the 2011-12 year.
- 2: Alternative Education Campuses: 39 of Colorado's 183 school districts operated one or more schools with an Alternative Education Campus designation in 2011-12. Over 95% of the students served at AEC schools are considered at high risk of dropping out.
Dropout Rates for the 2011-12 School Year
The Dropout Rate Calculation:
(Number of dropouts during the 2011-12 School Year) divided by (Total number of students that were part of the same membership base at any time during the 2011 – 12 School Year)
District Level Data
- Dropout_Rates_By_District_Grade_Gender_And_Race Ethnicity (XLS)
- Dropout_Rates_By_District_And Instructional Service Program Type (XLS)
School Level Data
- Dropout_Rates_By_School_Grade_Gender_And_Race Ethnicity (XLS)
- Dropout_Rates_By_School_And Instructional Service Program Type (XLS)
For additional information, email Kevin Smith