CDE will be closed on Monday, May 30 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Verifying Your Identity
Effective July 1, 2021, when you complete an application for a Colorado educator credential, you will be required to swear or affirm under a penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Colorado that you are who you are representing yourself to be. To that end, you will be required to upload into your application an electronic copy of one of the following:
- A valid US passport or passport card;
- A valid international passport or passport card;
- A valid driver license issued by any US state;
- A valid identification card issued by any US state;
- A valid U.S. military or military dependent identification card;
- A valid U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner identification card; or
- A Native American tribal document.