Educator Induction and Professional Development
The Colorado Department of Education recognizes that induction and professional development are essential elements in recruiting and retaining quality educators, as well as in meeting statewide goals established for educational achievement. CDE seeks to empower and support Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to plan and implement comprehensive induction and mentoring programs that meet the needs of new educators (teacher, principals, administrators and specialized service professionals) and are aligned with state statue (C.R.S. 22-60.5-204) and rule (2260.5-R-13.00 & 14.00). All induction and professional development for educators should be connected to Teacher, Specialized Service Professional and Principal Quality Standards.
- CDE Induction Guidelines
- Listen to and view our recent Educator Induction Information Webinar from November 10, 2016.
- Professional Development Purpose and Principles
- National Board Certification
Planning Tools and Resources
CDE is working to update tools and resources to support districts and BOCES in development of their educators. Watch for upcoming additions to support your local efforts.
- Planning an Induction Program (PDF)
- FAQs - New Teachers and Service Providers (PDF)
- FAQs - New Principals and Administrators (PDF)
- CDE Professional Development Guidelines (PDF)
- FAQs - Professional Development (PDF)
- CDE Educator Licensing Resources
For current listings of statewide job opportunities, please visit www.TeachinColorado.org.
If you have any questions or need support around induction programs, please reach out to us at Educator_Preparation_Induction@cde.state.co.us.