CDE will be closed on Monday, Jan. 18 for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
The eLicensing system is back online. The launch of the new and improved system has been postponed to spring 2021. Learn more.
You are here
Induction Program Initial Application Checklist
Preparing to Apply
Am I in the Right Place?
This checklist is intended for school districts, BOCES, charter schools, and non-public schools developing new induction programs that require CDE approval. Districts, BOCES, charter schools, and non-public schools operating previously approved programs should return to the What You Need to Know page. Use this checklist to gather the supporting information you’ll need to submit an Induction Program application to CDE.
- Name of school district, BOCES, or school applying for initial approval of induction program
- Main contact name, role or title, email address, phone, and mailing address
Identify Induction Program Type
- Identify each induction program for which your organization is applying:
- Teacher induction program (including special education and teacher librarian)
- SSP induction program (audiologist, counselor, mobility specialist, nurse, occupational/physical therapist, psychologist, social worker, speech language pathologist)
- Principal induction program
- Administrator induction program
Complete the Educator Induction Program Evaluation Rubric
- Complete the Educator Induction Program Evaluation Rubric for each induction program identified in the previous step
- If you are applying to establish more than one induction program, combine all Program Evaluation Rubrics into a single document before you start the online application
- Tip: If your PDF application doesn’t merge files, you can print and scan the pages into a single file.
Submit Additional Program Information
- Document any additional information that your program would like to share with CDE
- The application includes a freeform text area for you to share any additional information
Prepare Information to Submit Your Application
- Collect or complete all required documentation listed in the sections above before accessing the online application
- Please note: You must complete the application submission process in one session; in-progress applications cannot be saved and completed at a later time
- Once you have all of the required documentation, the application requires about 10 minutes to complete
- Remember, if you are applying for multiple induction programs, you must combine the associated rubrics into a single file before you submit them
Register and Apply
Once you have gathered all of the information listed above, you are ready to begin the online application process! Remember that this application process is only for new programs. Districts and BOCES operating previously approved programs should return to the What You Need to Know page.
- Access and complete the application for an Educator Induction program. The next application window will be from February 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021.
Check Application Status
- After you submit the application, you will receive an email confirmation and copy of your submission
- If you don’t receive the confirmation, check the junk/spam folder in your email program
- Save the confirmation email as a receipt of your submission
- If you have questions about the status of your application, contact CDE: Educator_Development@cde.state.co.us