Welcome! If you’re reading this, then you’re participating in the scheduled reauthorization of your Designated Agency.
On this page, you'll find a brief overview of the process for participating in the reauthorization process.
The Colorado Department of Education reauthorization process is an in-depth review of alternative educator preparation programs with the goal of continuous improvement to meet the standards established for each endorsement through the CDE Rules and Regulations.
CDE Reauthorization Goals
- Evaluate alignment of educator preparation program content to the CDE Rules and Regulations.
- Evaluate quality and depth of candidate experience so as to ensure CDE Rules and Regulations are met within the educator preparation program.
- Evaluate impact of completers/teacher candidates on student learning
- Provide opportunities for reflection about the educator preparation program and support a process of continuous improvement.
Please see below for specific resources regarding Designated Agency Reauthorization. Please submit all required materials (site visit agenda, program report, data, syllabi/training modules and any other supplemental materials) to CDE six (6) weeks prior to your site visit. Please see the link as to when matrices are due.
- Please note the updated timelines for program reauthorization reviews as of April 2018.
- Reauthorization Calendar for Designated Agencies
- Teacher Quality Standard Matrix
- Principal Quality Standard Matrix
- Special Education Generalist Matrix
- Reauthorization Program Report
- Designated Agency Reauthorization Guide
- Reauthorization Sample Site Visit schedule
- Recorded Reauthorization webinars
- May 19, 2017 Designated Agency Reauthorization Webinar: Stakeholder Feedback
- June 8, 2017 Designated Agency Reauthorization Process Informational Webinar *the Self-Reflection Guide has now been replaced with the Program Report.