CDE will be closed on Monday, Jan. 18 for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
The eLicensing system is back online. The launch of the new and improved system has been postponed to spring 2021. Learn more.
You are here
Ongoing Engagements: Designated Agency Reauthorization
Welcome! If you’re reading this, then you’re participating in the scheduled reauthorization of your Designated Agency.
On this page, you'll find a brief overview of the process for participating in the reauthorization process.
The Colorado Department of Education reauthorization process is an in-depth review of alternative educator preparation programs with the goal of continuous improvement to meet the standards established for each endorsement through the CDE Rules and Regulations.
CDE Reauthorization Goals
- Evaluate alignment of educator preparation program content to the CDE Rules and Regulations.
- Evaluate quality and depth of candidate experience so as to ensure CDE Rules and Regulations are met within the educator preparation program.
- Evaluate impact of completers/teacher candidates on student learning
- Provide opportunities for reflection about the educator preparation program and support a process of continuous improvement.
Authorization and Reauthorization Submission Timeline
Application/Matrices Submission Timeline
|Review of Submission Occurs|
|New Educator Preparation Program Authorization||June 1- November 30||January, 1-2 days|
|Authorization of Added Endorsement Program||June 1 - November 30||January, 1-2 days|
|Reauthorization visits scheduled for September, October, November, and December||June 30||July, 1-2 days|
|Reauthorization visits scheduled for January, February, March, April, and May||October 31||November, 1-2 days
Please see below for specific resources regarding Designated Agency Reauthorization. Please submit all required materials (site visit agenda, program report, data, syllabi/training modules and any other supplemental materials) to CDE six (6) weeks prior to your site visit. Please see the link as to when matrices are due.
- Reauthorization Schedule for Designated Agencies
- Elementary Education (Grades K-6) Standards Matrix
- Early Childhood Education (Ages Birth-8) Standards Matrix
- Secondary/K-12 Standards Matrix
- Special Education Generalist Matrix
- Reauthorization Program Report
- Designated Agency Reauthorization Guide
- Reauthorization Sample Site Visit schedule
- Recorded Reauthorization webinars
- May 19, 2017 Designated Agency Reauthorization Webinar: Stakeholder Feedback
- June 8, 2017 Designated Agency Reauthorization Process Informational Webinar *the Self-Reflection Guide has now been replaced with the Program Report.