Site Index | CDE Offices | Staff Directory

Alternative Licensing Programs

Congratulations on receiving your Alternative Teacher License or Alternative Principal Authorization. This alternative license authorizes you to work as an educator in a Colorado public school or accredited non-public school while completing your alternative educator preparation program. You must be employed full-time, as the teacher of record, and work a minimum of 51 percent in the approved content/endorsement area identified in the license/authorization.

Upon successful completion of all program requirements, you may apply for your Initial Teacher or Principal license by submitting the appropriate online application.


For technical problems with this page please contact the Web Content Coordinator.

Quick Links


Contact Us

Professional Services & Educator Licensure
6000 E Evans Ave
Building #2, Suite 100
Denver, CO 80222
Contact Licensing

Colorado Dept. of Education
201 East Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80203
Phone: 303-866-6600
Fax: 303-830-0793
Contact CDE

WCC Access