- CEU stands for continuing education unit. Typically, one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours. One CEU is equal to 2/3 semester hours of renewal credit.
- Contact hours
- Contact hours are the amount of hours spent in an educational activity.
15 contact hours = 1 semester hour of renewal credit.
- Grade report
- A regionally accredited university will mail each student a grade report to inform them of the grade they earned in a particular class. The grade report does not constitute an official transcript.
- In-service/professional development credit
- This type of renewal credit is typically offered through a Colorado school district or BOCES. They usually issue the credit based on the amount of contact hours spent in the educational activity. The Colorado school district or BOCES must provide evidence to the educator of the amount of in-service credit earned for each activity. This is typically in the form of a certificate or letter bearing the school's name, date of activity, signature of supervisor or in-service provider, and amount of in-service credit earned.
- Official transcript
- An official transcript bears the seal of the college or university and signature of the registrar. Some seals are raised while others are colored. Official transcripts with the registrar's seal and stamped "Issued to Student" will be accepted.
- Regionally accredited
- Colleges and universities earn regional accreditation status by meeting acceptable levels of quality and performance. For a list of the accrediting bodies for higher education that have been approved and accepted by the Colorado State Board of Education, please see: Regionally Accredited Institutions of Higher Education.
- Approved Program
- A program of study for the preparation of educators, including student teaching, that upon completion leads to a recommendation for licensure from an accepted, regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Credit and Assessment
- This term refers to one of the routes available for adding an endorsement to a valid Colorado teaching license. 24 hours of academic credit, and a passing score on the content area assessment are required before the endorsement can be added to a valid Colorado teaching license.
- Approved Program Verification Form (Formerly Institutional Recommendation)
- An approved program verification form verifies completion of an approved program from an acepted, regionally accredited college or university. The certification officer or the dean of education must sign the verification form.
School & District Info
* * CDE will be closed on Monday, May 30 for the Memorial Day holiday. * *