Background Check - Submit fingerprints to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation
- Alternative Principal Application
- Submit the online application via the CDE eLicensing system for a alternative principal authorization to the Colorado Department of Education
- Must hold at least a bachelor's degree from an accepted, regionally accredited college or university
- Applicants must work with their district to submit the application
- If the application is approved, candidates may become employed or appointed by the partner school district in a principal or principal-like position
- If the application is not approved, applicants will be emailed any additional requirements and will have 90 days from the date the application was received by CDE to submit the additional requirements. After 90 days, the incomplete application will automatically expire, requiring the applicant to reapply.
For technical problems with this page please contact the Web Content Coordinator.