Background Check - Submit fingerprints to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation
- Statement of Eligibility
- Submit the online application for a Statement of Eligibility in the endorsement area of Principal to the Colorado Department of Education
- Must hold at least a bachelor's degree from an accepted, regionally accredited college or university
- If the application is approved, applicants will be emailed a Statement of Eligibility which is valid for three years
- The Statement of Eligibility is NOT a license, but allows an individual to seek employment in a Colorado school district or accredited non-public school in the approved endorsement area. Upon securing employment, the individual is eligible to enroll in an Alternative Program provided by a state approved Designated Agency.
- If the application is not approved, applicants will be emailed any additional requirements and will have 90 days from the date the application was received by CDE to submit the additional requirements. After 90 days, the incomplete application will automatically expire, requiring the applicant to reapply.
Alternative Principal License Application
- Once employment has been secured and the applicant has enrolled in an Alternative Principal Licensing Program, an online application for the Alternative Principal License must be submitted to the Colorado Department of Education. The Designated Agency will assist the applicant with completing the required documentation.
For technical problems with this page please contact the Web Content Coordinator.