You are here

Career and Technical Education (CTE) Applicant

Initial CTE Authorization (First Time Applicant)

If you are new to Career and Technical Education and need additional detailed information, including terminology and credential areas offered, please visit CTE General Information.

Frequently Asked Questions About Initial CTE Authorization

Converting an Initial CTE to a Professional

To be eligible for the professional authorization, applicants must have completed the coursework and/or experience assigned when the initial authorization was issued.

Frequently Asked Questions about Converting an Initial CTE to a Professional

CTE Renewal and Reinstatement


A valid CTE Professional Authorization may be renewed every 5 years with the combined equivalent of 6 semester hours or 90 contact/clock hours of related renewal credit. A combination of college credit, professional development, and in-service workshops earned no more than 5 years prior to the submission date of the CTE: Renewal/Reinstatement application will be accepted with proper documentation.


For a CTE authorization that has lapsed for 2 or more years, in addition to the requirements assigned at the time the CTE credential was issued, the applicant must provide verification of 1,000 hours of related occupational experience completed in the content area within the last 5 years. For instructors that have been teaching in the CTE content area for the last 7 or more years, 3 school years of full time instructional experience in the credential area may be substituted for the 1,000 hours of relevant occupational experience that is required to renew a lapsed credential.

Frequently Asked Questions About CTE Renewal and Reinstatement

CTE Added Pathway

Upon meeting all necessary requirements, an added pathway may be combined with an existing CTE authorization or linked to a professional teaching license.

Frequently Asked Questions About CTE Added Pathway

For technical problems with this page please email the Web Content Coordinator.



For questions, submit a Licensing Support Request form or call 720-739-3304 (7:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday through Friday).