The Colorado State Library will distribute $250 mini-grants in support of public library 2015 summer reading programs (SRP). Each grant award will require $60 in matching funds. Priority will be given to libraries below 10,000 Legal Service Area population and libraries in non-metro locations. Applications are welcomed from individual branches.
The 2015 Summer Reading Mini-Grant application is due on Monday, February 9.
Your library branch may use grant and matching funds to purchase one or a combination of:
- materials for your collection for any age group
- reading logs or SRP early literacy activity sheets or Badge Quest booklets and stickers (the State Library will provide more info on ordering Badge Quest materials)
- the Pop Culture Classroom curriculum
- a digital camera and/or green screen
- a button maker
- a hosted online SRP registration platform, such as ReadingRecord
View all the guidelines for details on the grant program:
Mini-Grant Guidelines (PDF)
Then, apply online:
Mini-Grant Reporting Information
All mini-grant recipients will be expected to complete a report by September 18, 2015.
All mini-grant recipients also must submit copies or scans of receipts for all items they purchased with grant and matching funds by September 18, 2015.
The 2014 mini-grant online report form is available here; 2015 Mini-Grant applicants that received a 2014 Mini-Grant must complete this form to be eligible for a 2015 grant.
About the 2015 Summer Reading Program
Check out the 2015 SRP Resources page for more on the hero theme.
This project is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.