2014 Fall Youth Services Workshop Handouts
- Summer Reading Program Tips from Your Colorado Library Colleagues (PDF)
- Books, Videos, and Websites on Heroes and Summer Reading (PDF)
- Sample Storytime with the Superhero Theme (PDF)
- Sample 8-week program set for kids about heroes (PDF)
- Animals and insects with astounding abilities (PDF)
- Sample 8-week program set for teens about heroes (PDF)
- Book to Movie Heroes for Teens and Adults (PDF)
- Sample 4-week program set for adults about heroes (PDF)
- Workshop Presentation Slides (PPT)
- Impact of Summer Reading Annotated Bibliography (PDF)
These studies demonstrate the importance of reading over the summer to reduce summer slide, especially in kids from low-income households.
- Summer Food Service Program (PDF)
Free meals might be available in your community for children this summer. Find out how your library can work with this great food program to help kids read and be healthy this summer!
- Performer List for Summer Reading (XLS)
These are recommendations from Colorado public library staff that have used these performers in the past. For more information , please directly contact the person who has sent the recommendation. To add a performer to the list, email Beth Crist.
- Sample Press Release (DOC)
Please edit as needed and share with your local press