The overall theme for Summer Reading 2015 is Heroes, with the slogans:
- "Every Hero Has a Story" (children)
- "Unmask!" (teens)
- "Escape the Ordinary" (adults)
Especially for Educators
Resources about Summer Slide and the Importance of Reading over the Summer (PDF): Includes research on summer slide, how to connect with your local public library's summer reading program, tips and talking points about summer slide for students and parents, infographics, and more
Kate DiCamillo's Public Service Announcements and Top 10 Reasons to Participate in their Local Library's Summer Reading Program: Author Kate DiCamillo, two-time Newbery Medal Winner and U.S. National Ambassador For Young People’s Literature, is CSLP's National Summer Reading Champion and has provided these great resources to encourage students to participate in the summer reading program at their local library.
Especially for Parents, Grandparents, and Caregivers
Summer Reading Parent Tips (PDF): Simple activities for your family this summer to help keep your kids and teens reading--and having fun while doing so!
- Read about the benefits to kids of reading over the summer, best practices for summer reading programs, and research needs in CSLP's (Collaborative Summer Library Program) Summer Reading White Paper.
- CSLP has great new partners! Visit the the CSLP Partner webpage to learn more about the partners and how your library can benefit!
- Thinking ahead? The summer reading theme for 2016 is Wellness/Fitness/Sports. The slogans are:
- Children: On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!
- Teen: Get in the Game--Read
- Adult: Excercise Your Mind--Read
- The summer reading theme and slogan for all age gropus for 2017: Build a Better World!
- The overall theme for summer 2018: Music!
Images are copyrighted. Contact the CSLP at 1-866-657-8556 or email@example.com for more information.