The overall theme for Summer Reading 2015 is Heroes, with the slogans:
- "Every Hero Has a Story" (children)
- "Unmask!" (teens)
- "Escape the Ordinary" (adults)
Especially for Educators
Resources about Summer Slide and the Importance of Reading over the Summer (PDF): Includes research on summer slide, how to connect with your local public library's summer reading program, tips and talking points about summer slide for students and parents, infographics, and more
Especially for Parents, Grandparents, and Caregivers
Summer Reading Parent Tips (PDF): Simple activities for your family this summer to help keep your kids and teens reading--and having fun while doing so!
- Apply for the 2015 Summer Reading Mini-Grants! Application guidelines are available here; application deadline is February 9, 2015.
- The 2015 Colorado Teen Video Challenge is on! Find all the details here. Deadline for submission: March 2, 2015.
- Please complete the 2014 Summer Reading Program Report online; once you've submitted the report, you're automatically registered to receive a 2015 SRP manual and kit.
- CSLP (Collaborative Summer Library Program) has great new partners! View this flyer to learn more about the partners and how your library can benefit!
- Thinking ahead? The summer reading theme for 2016 is Wellness/Fitness/Sports. The slogans are:
- Children: On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!
- Teen: Get in the Game--Read
- Adult: Excercise Your Mind--Read
- The summer reading theme for 2017 will be Build a Better World! (Slogans to follow next spring)
Images are copyrighted. Contact the CSLP at 1-866-657-8556 or email@example.com for more information.