2016 Summer Program Theme:
Health and Wellness!
- "On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!" (children)
- "Get in the Game--Read" (teens)
- "Exercise Your Mind--Read" (adults)
Find handouts, ideas, books, websites, and more on the SRP Materials page!
Especially for Educators
Resources about Summer Slide and the Importance of Reading over the Summer (PDF): Includes research on summer slide, how to connect with your local public library's summer reading program, tips and talking points about summer slide for students and parents, infographics, and more
Kate DiCamillo's Public Service Announcements and Top 10 Reasons to Participate in their Local Library's Summer Reading Program: Author Kate DiCamillo, two-time Newbery Medal Winner and U.S. National Ambassador For Young People’s Literature, is CSLP's National Summer Reading Champion and has provided these great resources to encourage students to participate in the summer reading program at their local library.
Especially for Parents, Grandparents, and Caregivers
Summer Reading Parent Tips (PDF): Simple activities for your family this summer to help keep your kids and teens reading--and having fun while doing so!
- The 2016 Teen Video Challenge is ON! Learn more here, and promote the program to your teens! Submission deadline: March 20, 2016.
- Interested in an online reading program system? The State Library is sponsoring a limited number of Colorado public libraries to use of ReadingRecord for free or a discounted rate. Find out more here.
- Read about the benefits to kids of reading over the summer, best practices for summer reading programs, and research needs in CSLP's (Collaborative Summer Library Program) Summer Reading White Paper.
- CSLP has great allies! Visit the the CSLP Allies webpage to learn more about the allies and how your library can benefit!
- Thinking ahead?
- The theme and slogan for all ages for summer 2017: Build a Better World
- The theme for summer 2018: Music!
Images are copyrighted. Contact the CSLP at 1-866-657-8556 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.