- State Publications Library - Provides convenient access to information produced by state government through online catalog, loan of materials, liaisons with depository libraries, and E-mail inquiries.
- Colorado Talking Book Library - A free service to Coloradans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities whether permanent or temporary. CTBL provides recorded, Braille and large-print books and magazines as well as a small collection of descriptive videos.
Consulting Support for Libraries
- Public Libraries - Support for Public Library Leaders including resources for districting, trustee orientation, strategic planning, buildings and community initiatives.
- School Libraries - Support for School Libraries includes professional development in instruction and information literacy, consultation on school library initiatives, development of the Standards for the 21st Century Learner, and the Power Libraries Program.
- Youth and Family Services - The Colorado State Library supports children and teens by coordinating statewide initiatives for early literacy, summer reading, and other literacy campaigns. The Youth Consultant provides consulting and training on child development, library programming and activities as well as public/school library collaboration.
- Institutional Library Development - Supports library services for state-operated residential institutions, including youth and adult correctional facilities, mental health institutes, a school for the deaf and the blind, and veterans homes.
Resources and Services
- Colorado Libraries Collaborate (Statewide Borrowing) - A reciprocal borrowing program to allow library card holders from participating libraries to borrow materials from other participating libraries.
- Colorado Library Directory - The Online Directory of Colorado Libraries will display a list of libraries to your specifications.
- Colorado Virtual Library (CVL) - Online collections of interest to a wide selection of Colorado's citizens.
- Jobline - Colorado State Library Jobline is a free service of the Colorado State Library. It is updated daily as position information is received. Library, literacy, and education position vacancies are available. All job listings comply with the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Library Statistics - Library Research Service (LRS) is the unit of the Colorado State Library that provides library professionals, educators, public officials, and the media with research and statistics about libraries.
- LSTA (Library Services and Technology Act) - Annual federally funded grants for library projects, administered by the Colorado State Library. Grants are made annually. Grant application information for next fiscal year will be available in the spring.
- Websites for Colorado Libraries - Does your library need a website but you don't have the time or resources to build one from scratch? Or perhaps you have a fear of HTML? Does your library have a website but it's hard to maintain? Do you think your website could be doing more for you and your patrons? Then Colorado Online Libraries (formerly Plinkit) may be for you!
- Promotional Campaigns - Resources for marketing, library advocacy, and events planning.
- Resource Sharing & Interlibrary Loan - CSL's Networking and Resource Sharing unit (NRS) manages statewide services and projects so that libraries don't have to "go it alone." NRS coordinates technology-based services best suited to groups of libraries.
- SWIFT Interlibrary Loan Program - The State Wide Interlibrary loan Fast Track (SWIFT) is the web-based electronic interlibrary loan requesting and tracking system that the Colorado State Library provides free of charge to all public, academic, school, and special libraries in Colorado
Related Resources and Organizations
- Colorado Libraries Blog - A blog for all libraries with authors from the Colorado State Library and CLiC.
- Colorado Library Consortium - The nonprofit Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC) is an collaborative-focused organization that empowers libraries and library staff to better serve their patrons. See the CLiC website for more information.
- Email Lists - Library-related email lists for various types of library professionals, including those who work in schools, public libraries, institutional and correctional libraries, and many more.
- Professional Development - The Colorado State Library promotes professional development at all levels including the MLS, certificate programs, and continuing education.
For additional information, contact Gene Hainer, 303-866-6900.