Library Media: University Courses and Distance Learning Information
Continuing Education and Out-of-state degree Library Program Opportunities
This list of educational opportunities does not include all possibilities, and not all programs are ideal for all needs. These programs should be considered for additional training or continuing education only, as they provide some, but not necessarily all course requirements for endorsement in school library media. A degree from an approved program, with institutional recommendation is still required for endorsement in Colorado. Inquire about the program first to determine if it meets the state requirements for library media endorsement.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Pueblo Community College: Library Technology Program. Contact Jeanne Gardner, 719-549-3305.
- MLS Programs - In State
- See the Graduate Library Education page.
- MLS Programs - Out of State or Distance Learning
- Mansfield University’s School Library & Information Technologies: Admissions; Courses.
- Montana School Media and Leadership Programs Offers graduate level school library media certificate through an affordable 21 semester credit NCATE accredited education program.
- The State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNY Buffalo) offers some video distance learning (VDL) classes.
- University of Arizona School of Information Resources and Library Science and Distance and Virtual Learning.
- University of Colorado Denver - MA, Information and Learning Technologies - School Library and Instructional Leadership
- University of Illinois Graduate School of Library and Information Science LEEP Distance Education Program
- University of North Texas School of Library and Information Sciences offers the ALA-accredited Master's Degree in Library Science or Information Science via the Internet.
- University of South Carolina offers a degree program in Library and Information Science via distance education.
- University of Washington Educational Outreach
Peterson's Guide (at your local library and on the web at Peterson's Distance Learning).
Library Science Distance Education provides lists of schools with
School Library Media certifications programs. Use the search tool with the
keywords "School Library Media".
For additional information, contact Becky Russell, 303-866-6772.