You are here
What does the School Library Senior Consultant do?
Vision: Exemplary teachers personalize learning and ignite the potential of every student.
The mission of the CDE School Library/Digital Literacy Instructional Specialist is to empower educators to have the teaching skills needed to create meaningful, collaborative, and challenging learning opportunities so that their students can thrive in today’s world.
As such, the school library/digital literacy content specialist:
- Provides personalized learning opportunities for all educators with an emphasis in leadership/professional growth, digital literacy, and meaningful teaching practice;
- Provides leadership and guidance to school librarians, library parapros, and digital literacy teachers throughout the state;
- Provides expertise and guidance in implementing the Colorado Academic Standards and other CDE initiatives, resulting in improved student achievement;
- Collaborates within and outside CDE to create meaningful learning opportunities;
- Coordinates and develops special projects relating to school library services;
- Acts as a liaison between CDE and schools and school library communities and provides support for school library and digital literacy inquiries;
- Models meaningful learning and teaching which results in seamless advocacy for school librarians and/or digital literacy teachers.