You are here
Public Library Trustee Training & Support
The Colorado State Library prioritizes training and support for public library trustees and library boards, to help library trustees be better prepared to meet the responsibilities of library board service.
Beginning in 2020, a new set of virtual training and support options are being offered. Virtual options include webinar, video conference, and telephone consultation. All these offerings are free to trustees, staff, and volunteers that support Colorado Public Libraries.
Due to the pandemic, all trustee training and support will be provided virtually until further notice, per recommendations for all state government travel. Once in-person work travel is allowable, guidelines will be shared for requesting in-person board training & support.
Ongoing – Open to Anyone
Training workshops, webinars, and forums will be offered online regularly throughout the year. The schedule is announced monthly in the COLT (Colorado Library Trustee) email list and in the Trustee Corner newsletter.
Trustee Training – Virtual Workshops & Webinars
Formal, interactive learning events that cover foundational principles of library board service.
- Colorado Public Library Board Essentials
- Good Practices for Effective Meetings
- Library Values, Ethics, & Trends
- Public Library Standards & Planning
Trustee Talk – Virtual Discussion Forums
Moderated town hall style discussion, interactive, participate via phone or chat.
- COVID-19 Pandemic
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Intellectual Freedom
- Leadership in the Community
By Request – Board Specific
Library boards may request the options below based on a specific topic of local concern.
Virtual Library Board Training & Support by Request
- Training workshops or webinars exclusive to one library board
- Short presentation or consultation during a board meeting
- Individual or small group consultation
On Demand - Learn Anytime
Information and online learning resources available anytime. New content is added regularly.
Free Online Resources for Trustees
- Colorado State Library: Public Library Laws, Policies, Standards
- Colorado Virtual Library: Trustees
- COLT (Colorado Library Trustee) Email List
To register for an upcoming training, or to request trustee training & support, contact Crystal Schimpf:
- Call 306-866-6891
- Email email@example.com