Public Library Information
Colorado State Library Board Training
At the Colorado State Library, we think effective boards give us effective libraries. Our board training is designed to give library trustees the most value for their precious (volunteered!) time
In our training, a trustee will learn:
- The Basics of Good Governance
- Legal Hot Topics for Libraries
- Trustee Fiduciary Duties
- Introduction to Strategic Planning
- Board Self-Regulation Tactics
- The Interrelationship Amongst Library Governing Boards/Friends/Foundations
- Current Trends in Public Libraries
Contact Jacqueline Murphy (303-866-6891) for further information or to schedule a virtual or in-library board training for your library.
The CSL Board Training Program is endorsed by the Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC) and the Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL).