2015 Fall Youth Services Slides
2015 Fall Youth Services Workshop Handouts
- Fall Youth Services Workshop Resources (PDF) -- books, DVDs, online videos, and websites discussed in the fall workshops relating to the 2016 summer theme of health and wellness as well as general Colorado library resources
- Summer Reading Program Tips from Your Colorado Library Colleagues (PDF)
- Get Outside! (PDF) -- the why and how to get patrons of all ages outside through library programs, collections, and partnerships; find ideas, books, websites, and potential partner organizations here
- DIY Snacks and Soups (PDF) -- easy items to prepare with a group in your library to get patrons preparing their own meals. No cooking required, and fun for all ages!
- Take Your Child to the Library Day (PDF) -- February 6! See the flyer to learn how to promote this fun day and find additional resources
- Teens Help Yourself Poster (PDF) -- Courtesy of the Sacramento Public Library, print this poster with Dewey Decimal numbers of sensitive topics to display in your teen area
- Teens Help Yourself Bookmarks (PDF) -- Courtesy of the Sacramento Public Library, just as above in bookmark format
- Customizable Teens Help Yourself List (DOC) -- Courtesy of the Sacramento Public Library, just as above in a customizable Word document
- Impact of Summer Reading Annotated Bibliography (PDF)
These studies demonstrate the importance of reading over the summer to reduce summer slide, especially in kids from low-income households.
- Summer Food Service Program (PDF)
Free meals might be available in your community for children this summer. Find out how your library can work with this great food program to help kids read and be healthy this summer!
- Performer List for Summer Reading (XLS)
These are recommendations from Colorado public library staff that have used these performers in the past. For more information , please directly contact the person who has sent the recommendation. To add a performer to the list, email Beth Crist.
- Sample Press Release (DOC)
Please edit as needed and share with your local press