The document that dictates how the board will govern itself, in contrast to policies which inform the behavior, actions, and principles of a library.
The State Library offers policy development workshops for directors, boards, and/or library staff. Please contact Jacqueline Murphy to arrange one at your library.
Can't find what you're looking for? Contact Jacqueline Murphy for policy types and samples not listed here.
Disclaimer: The language in these sample policies may or may not be appropriate for your library or may not be the most current version of each. The policies are not endorsed by the State Library; they are simply offered as resources as you develop and/or review your own policy.
- Tulsa Library
- Point Park University Library
- ALA Sample Language for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies
- Lafayette Public Library (p. 4)
Smoking and Marijuana
- Pikes Peak Library District
- Poudre River Public Library District
- Englewood Public Library
- West Custer County Library District
Confidentiality/Privacy of User Records
Guns in the Library
- Master checklist of policies for libraries (PDF)
Recommended list of policies that all Colorado public libraries should have in place