The Colorado Department of Education
Staff Contacts | Colorado.gov
Colorado Libraries Collaborate!
Marketing the CLC Program
The CLC program is a gift to your library users.
By allowing non-residents to use your library, it makes
it possible for your library users to be served by other
- Capitalize on teachable moments:
- Explain to your library users
that by sharing the resources within your library,
they have access to every public library and many
academic, school and private collections across the
- When materials are not available
from in your library, use the
Directory of Colorado Libraries to locate them in a
nearby library. Explain to library users, they have
the option to use CLC as a way of quickly obtaining
the material themselves.
- Encourage library users to bring
and use their library card while vacationing
anywhere in the state. It's a little piece of home.
- Welcome Packet: List CLC as a benefit
in library user Welcome Packets. Be sure to call it by
- Marketing Materials: Download
any of the following and distribute to library patrons
- Link: Direct patrons to the
- Library Cards: Add the letters CLC to
your next run of library cards. This will signify to
other libraries that your patrons are members of a CLC
- Editorial: Ask a local journalist to
write a column or have a library director or staff
member write a guest editorial about CLC.
- National Library Week: Tie it to CLC,
promoting borrowing across the state. Display a Colorado
map and have CLC patrons put push pins by the location
of their home participating library.