Information about MLS/MLIS and other graduate programs, teacher librarian and school librarian endorsement, and professional library organizations in Colorado.
School Libraries - Information for teacher-librarians
An online learning series of from the Colorado State Library. Free, hour-long virtual classes on a broad range of library-related topics. Sessions are interactive and participation is central to the learning.
A calendar of Colorado Continuing education events. For even more opportunities, check out the monthly listing of free webinars happening nationwide for library staff put together by the Wyoming State Library.
Learn about Lynx (EBSCO database package) products through this archive of EBSCO training sessions and live webinars. Additionally find online resources to help you market the databases to your patrons/students.
Tips for Online Learning
- Strategies for Online Learning Success: Tips for Online, Self-Directed Learning (PDF)
Tips for learners and managers, created to support WebJunction asynchronous courses.
- Tips and Best Practices for Presenting Online (PDF)
Created for CAL Business Services Interest Group, June 2010 (note: this document excludes production tips).
- Tips and Best Practices for the Synchronous Virtual Classroom (PDF)
Created for American Library Association preconference Beyond F2F: New Methods of Staff Training, June 2010 - includes general, production and facilitation tips and best practices.
- Web Conferencing Features (XLS)
Worksheet listing common features of web conferencing systems - to be used for evaluating and comparing systems.
Online Continuing Education and Training Providers
- American Libraries Live
- American Management Association Events
- Booklist Webinars
- CLiC Training and Education
- Education Week Webinars
- Free Library Continuing Education Webinars (compiled by the Wyoming State Library)
- Georgia Library Association - Carterette Series Webinars
- Idaho Commission for Libraries: