This week's Weekly Number:
Did you know there are 7 times as many libraries in Colorado as there are Starbucks?! Get more amazing library facts in this week's LRS weekly number post.
The Weekly Number is a series by LRS that highlights statistics that help tell the story of the 21st century library. Learn more by visting LRS.org.
- Connect, Create, Rally: Outside the Lines 2015
May 27, 12:00 - 1:00 MT
- CSL in Session: Parents in Public Libraries: Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement and Empowerment
May 28, 12:30-1:30 MT: Access the classroom
- 2015-2016 LSTA Grants
Applications (Word) (PDF) - Due Monday, August 3, 2015
Grant project discussion webinars:
Thursday, June 25, 9:00 - 10:00 MT (join)
Wednesday, July 1, 12:00 - 1:00 MT (join)
New Resources Available
- New StoryBlocks Videos
7 new StoryBlocks videos are available, including videos in Arabic, French, and Vietnamese
- Library Creation and Learning Site
Resources for library makerspaces, and instructor materials for technology training in public libraries.
- Salvaging Treasures after a Flood
Resources for libraries and the public after flooding
State Library News
- 2015-2016 LSTA Grant Applications Now Available (Word) (PDF)
For more information visit the LSTA Grants page
- Four Things You Should Know: Update from the Colorado State Library for the 2015 CLiC spring workshops
- Check out a By the Numbers look at the 2014 State Grants for Libraries. This 2-page flyer has a map showing the grant distribution along with information on how the grants impacted library budgets.
- State Grants to Libraries 2014-2015 Awards Announced! This Funding Allocation Chart lists each grant recipient (one grant per main library jurisdiction or school district) and amount.
- Latest Fast Facts from LRS:
Summer Reading Makes a Difference for Colorado Families
2014: A Banner Year for Library Jobline
One Book 4 Colorado 2014: Creating a Culture of Literacy
State Grants to Libraries: First Look at 2013-14
- 2014-2015 LSTA Grant Awarded Projects Announced