- CSL in Session: Weeding Isn't Sexy, But It Should Be
June 16, 12:00-1:00 MT: Access the classroom
- Super Happy Maker Fun Hour!
June 29, 11:30 - 12:30 MT
A new beta series of video interviews with real makers showcasing their work and answering your questions. View an archive of the recordings
- Strategies for School Makerspace Success
May 27, 12:00 - 1:00 MT
Colleen Graves has been knee deep in the maker movement since her first year working as a teacher librarian. She even has two books on the way! Join us for this interactive online session as Graves talks strategies for engagement, success, and implementation for school libraries of all sizes, and all flavors (rural/suburban/urban). Bring your burning questions, your unsolved challenges, and your unbridled curiosity to this interactive online session.
- E-books available for low-income K-12 students and families from Open eBooks. Learn more about the program and how to get started on the School Libraries page.
- ESSA Guidance for School Libraries: On December 10, 2015, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) was signed into law. The law includes language that ensures effective school libraries are addressed in state and local plans. The Colorado State Library has prepared a document on the Basic Provisions in ESSA for Libraries, Technology, and Digital Learning.
- 2015-2016 State Grants to Libraries Funding Announced! View this funding allocation chart for final amounts.
- Update: 2015-2016 LSTA Grant Cycle
Due to fewer funds being available for ongoing operations of key or required library services to Colorado libraries and Coloradans, the FY15-16 LSTA grant application process has been cancelled for this year. If you have been working on, or considering submitting a grant for the August due date, we apologize for the inconvenience. Other grant resources are available at Other Funding Opportunities. While not all are library-specific, some may be suitable for the kinds of projects that libraries need for serving the public.
More information about LSTA Grants.
State Library Projects
- Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection
Search over 200 different Colorado historic newspapers dating from 1859. View the original paper and articles as they originally appeared over a hundred years ago.
- Colorado Virtual Library (CVL)
Collections of interest to a wide selection of Colorado's citizens.
- Library Creation and Learning Site
Resources for library makerspaces, and instructor materials for technology training in public libraries
Statewide book giveaway for all Colorado 4-year olds.
- StoryBlocks Videos
Short videos for parents in English, Spanish, Arabic, French, and Vietnamese