- State Grants to Libraries Funding Available for 2016-2017! The State Library is excited once again to offer the State Grants to Libraries funding to all eligible libraries in Colorado. For projected award amounts, view this chart. Eligibility forms and more information is available on the State Grants page.
- Check Out Colorado State Parks launches June 20! Library and state park staff, find general info along with PR and cataloging resources on the program's Toolkit.
- Stories: Libraries Successfully Supporting Their Communities
In late June, the IMLS director asked states to collect and send examples of what libraries are doing to connect with and support residents. Staff in several Colorado libraries responded with some eloquent and compelling stories illustrating a small portion of what happens every day in public libraries. View those stories here.
- E-books available for low-income K-12 students and families from Open eBooks. Learn more about the program and how to get started on the School Libraries page.
- ESSA Guidance for School Libraries: On December 10, 2015, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) was signed into law. The law includes language that ensures effective school libraries are addressed in state and local plans. The Colorado State Library has prepared a document on the Basic Provisions in ESSA for Libraries, Technology, and Digital Learning.
State Library Projects
Connect with us!