CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Each year Colorado public school districts participate in the Student October Count data submission to the Colorado Department of Education. Information included in this data submission is used to determine each district's Total Program and per pupil funding.
During the data submission, districts are permitted to submit students with the following funding codes:
- Full-Time Funding (1.0 FTE)
- Funding Codes 64, 80, 81, 91, or 92
- Part-Time Funding (0.5 FTE)
- Funding Codes 82, 83, 84, 85, 94, or 95
- No Funding (0.0 FTE)
- Funding Codes 86, 87, 89, or 96
In general, the following rules apply UNLESS a student meets specific exception criteria which would allow for more or less funding as outlined in the Student October Count Audit Resource Guide:
- Students in grades K through 12 are not to exceed a total of 1.0 FTE
- Home-school students (regardless of grade level) are not to exceed a total of 0.5 FTE
- Preschool students are not allowed to be submitted for funding UNLESS they are funded with a CPP and/or ECARE position, or are receiving services under an Individualized Education Program, or IEP (usually not to exceed 0.5 FTE)
Edit checks are in place to ensure that each district does not exceed the allowable funding for an individual student as describe above. In order to ensure that the allowable funding as outlined in statute is not exceeded for any given student across the state of Colorado, the School Auditing Office conducts the duplicate count process prior to finalizing all Student October Count data. For any student that appears in the duplicate count process, districts must submit documentation to the School Auditing Office for funding consideration. Failure to do so will likely result in the district being required to change the student's reported funding level.