CCSP Start-up and Implementation Grant Program
The Colorado Charter Schools Program provides a 3-year grant and technical assistance to new and expanding charter schools. Approximately $3,847,000 has been designated as available for new CCSP Start-up Grant awards for the 2014-15 award cycle (subject to a 2014-15 federal funding allocation).
Start-Up Grants (for year one) and Implementation Grants (for years two and three) may be awarded for expenses associated with:
- equipment and furnishings
- professional development
- board training
- library development
- technology, etc.
Links for all grant-related forms are below. To download a form, right click on a link, select "Save Target As" and choose to save the file to your desktop or personal folder.
2014-15 CCSP Grant Instructions and Required Documents
- 2014-15 CCSP Start-Up Grant RFP (pdf)
- 2014-15 CCSP Start-up Grant Cover Page & Certifications (doc)
- 2014-15 CCSP Intent to Submit, Eligibility & Agreement of Understanding Forms (Start-up only) (doc)
2014-2015 CCSP Guidebook (pdf)
CCSP Grant Budget Template (xlsx format, for full version of Excel in the 2007, 2010 or newer editions)
- CCSP Grant Budget Template (xls format, for older or limited versions of Excel)
- 2014-2015 CCSP Training Request Form (doc)
- 2014-15 CCSP Appendix E-School Library Plan (doc)
- 2014-15 CCSP Appendix F-Professional Development Plan (doc)
- 2014-15 CCSP Appendix G-Performance Management Plan (doc)
- 2014-15 CCSP Appendix I-Technical Assistance Proposal Form (xls)
- Please send any grant related documents electronically to the Schools of Choice Unit at SchoolsofChoice@cde.state.co.us.
Unless you have received approval to be exempt, you are highly encouraged to attend a Start-up Grant Writer's Boot Camp prior to submitting your Start-Up Grant application.
Tier I and Tier II Start-Up Grant Writer's Boot Camp is offered on a yearly basis in August and in January. Implementation Grant Training is also offered on a yearly basis in July and August. Click on the following link to view a schedule of upcoming trainings.
***DEADLINES FOR SUBMITTING GRANT APPLICATIONS, BUDGETS AND OTHER REQUIRED FORMS ARE FIRM. DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED AFTER THE POSTED DEADLINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED***
For 2014-2015 deadlines, click on link below to be directed to the CCSP Grant and Technical Assistance Calendar.
2014-15 CCSP Grant and Technical Assistance Calendar
The Colorado Department of Education's Schools of Choice (SOC) Office administers the federal Charter School Program [Title V, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (P.L. 107-110)] grant for the state. The USDOE has awarded CDE this grant from 2010-2015, a five-year period. Below is a summary of CDE's approved grant application.