CCSP Start-up and Implementation Grant Program
The Colorado Charter Schools Program provides a 3-year grant and technical assistance to new and expanding charter schools. Under this program, the Colorado Department of Education awarded nearly $6.7 million in Start-up and Implementation Grants to approved Colorado charter school applicants during the 2012-2013 school year, and we are hoping to distribute even more awards for 2013-2014.
Start-Up Grants (for year one) and Implementation Grants (for years two and three) may be awarded for expenses associated with:
- equipment and furnishings
- professional development
- board training
- library development
- technology, etc.
Links for all grant-related forms are below. To download a form, right click on a link, select "Save Target As" and choose to save the file to your desktop or personal folder.
2013-14 CCSP Grant Instructions and Required Documents
- 2013-14 CCSP Start-Up Grant RFP (pdf)
- 2013-14 CCSP Start-up Grant Cover Page & Certifications (doc)
- 2013-14 CCSP Intent to Submit Form (Start-up only) (doc)
- 2013-14 CCSP Eligibility Form (Start-up only) (doc)
- 2013-2014 CCSP Agreement of Understanding Form (Start-Up only) (doc)
2013-2014 CCSP Guidebook (pdf)
FY 2014-16 CCSP Grant Budget Form (xlsx format, for full version of Excel in the 2007, 2010 or newer editions)
- FY 2014-16 CCSP Grant Budget Form (xls format, for older or limited versions of Excel)
- 2013-2014 CCSP Training Request Form (doc)
- 2013-14 CCSP Appendix E-School Library Plan (doc)
- 2013-14 CCSP Appendix F-Professional Development Plan (doc)
- 2013-14 CCSP Appendix G-Performance Management Plan (doc)
- 2013-14 CCSP Appendix I-Technical Assistance Proposal Form (xls)
- Please send any grant related documents electronically to the Schools of Choice Unit at SchoolsofChoice@cde.state.co.us.
Unless you have received approval to be exempt, you are highly encouraged to attend a Start-up Grant Writer's Boot Camp prior to submitting your Start-Up Grant application.
Tier I and Tier II Start-Up Grant Writer's Boot Camp is offered on a yearly basis in August and in January. Implementation Grant Training is also offered on a yearly basis in July and August. Click on the following link to view a schedule of upcoming trainings.
***DEADLINES FOR SUBMITTING GRANT APPLICATIONS, BUDGETS AND OTHER REQUIRED FORMS ARE FIRM. DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED AFTER THE POSTED DEADLINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED***
For 2013-2014 deadlines, click on link below to be directed to the CCSP Grant and Technical Assistance Calendar.
2013-14 CCSP Grant and Technical Assistance Calendar
The Colorado Department of Education's Schools of Choice (SOC) Office administers the federal Charter School Program [Title V, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (P.L. 107-110)] grant for the state. The USDOE has awarded CDE this grant from 2010-2015, a five-year period. Below is a summary of CDE's approved grant application.