Colorado Charter Schools Program (CCSP)
The Colorado Department of Education's Schools of Choice (SOC) Office administers the federal Charter School Program [Title V, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (P.L. 107-110)] grant for the state. The USDOE has awarded CDE this grant from 2010-2015, a five-year period. Below is a summary of CDE's approved grant application.
CCSP Start-up and Implementation Grant Program
The Colorado Department of Education awarded nearly $6 million in Start-up and
Implementation grant awards to approved
Colorado charter school applicants during the 2011-2012 school year,
and we are hoping to distribute even more awards for 2012-2013.
Start-up grants (for year one) and Implementation grants (for years two and three) may be awarded for expenses associated with:
- professional development
- board training
- library development
- technology, etc.
2012-13 CCSP Grant Instructions and Required Documents
- 2012-13 CCSP Start-Up Grant RFP (pdf)
- 2012-13 CCSP Start-up Grant Cover Page & Certifications (doc)
- 2012-13 CCSP Intent to Submit Form (Start-up only) (doc)
- 2012-13 Eligibility Form (Start-up only) (doc)
2012-13 CCSP Guidebook (pdf)
- 2012-13 CCSP Appendix E-School Library Plan (doc)
- 2012-13 CCSP Appendix F-Professional Development Plan (doc)
- 2012-13 CCSP Appendix G-Performance Management Plan (doc)
Appendix I-Technical Assistance Proposal Form (xls)
- Please send your waiver requests, contracts, renewals and related charter school documents electronically to the Schools of Choice Unit at SchoolsofChoice@cde.state.co.us.
Unless you have received approval to be exempt, you are highly encouraged to attend a Start-up Grant Writer's Boot Camp prior to submitting your Start-up Grant application.
Tier I and Tier II
Start-up Grant Writer's Boot Camp is offered on a yearly basis in August and in
January. Implementation Grant Training is also offered
on a yearly basis in July and August. Click on the following link to
view a schedule of upcoming trainings.
***DEADLINES FOR SUBMITTING GRANT APPLICATIONS, BUDGETS AND OTHER REQUIRED FORMS ARE FIRM. DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED AFTER THE POSTED DEADLINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED***
For 2012-2013 deadlines, click on link below to be directed to the current grant calendar.