Unless otherwise noted, all state board meetings will be held in the State Board Room, Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101, Denver, CO 80203. All State Board of Education meetings are open to the public.
Regular State Board Meeting Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Commissioner’s Report:
- Update on School Finance
- Legislative Update
- School District Resolutions Regarding State Required Standardized Assessments
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. Public Comment
- 11:00 a.m. Recognition of Colorado's Outstanding Students and Educators:
- United States Senate Youth Program
- 2014 Colorado Milken Educator
- Lunch/Executive Session: The State Board will convene an executive session to receive legal advice on specific legal questions pursuant to 24-6-402(3)(a)(II) C.R.S., and on matters required to be kept confidential by federal law, rules or state statutes pursuant to 24-6-402(3)(a)(III) C.R.S.
- Discussion and Vote on 2021 Graduation Guidelines
- 2:00 p.m. Rulemaking Hearing: Revisions to the Rules for the Administration of the READ Act
- Discussion on Healthy Kids Colorado Survey
- Notice of intent to reconsider the action made at the March board meeting of the CMAS and CoAlt Science and Social Studies High School Cut Score (by Steve Durham)
- Discussion on District and School Accountability, including Turnaround
- Public Comment cont. (end of day)
Regular State Board Meeting cont., Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:30 - 4:00 p.m.
- 9: 45 a.m. Turnaround/Priority Improvement District Presentation: Aurora Public Schools
- 11:00 a.m. Turnaround/Priority Improvement District Presentation: Greeley 6 School District
- 1:00 p.m. Turnaround/Priority Improvement District Presentation: Pueblo City 60 School District
- 2:00 p.m. Turnaround/Priority Improvement District Presentation: Denver Public Schools
- 3:15 p.m. Commissioner’s Report cont:
- Lt. Governor's Update
To view the full agenda one week prior to the Regular meeting, please go to Board Docs and select the date of the meeting.
All rulemaking hearings and appeals will be held in the State Board Room of the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80203.
Listen Live! is only available during scheduled meeting dates and times.