Please contact the State Board Office at (303) 866-6817 if you have questions or need access to documentation.
Upcoming State Board Regular Meetings and Committee Meetings
Unless otherwise noted, all state board meetings will be held in the State Board Room, Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101, Denver, CO 80203. All State Board of Education meetings are open to the public.
Regular State Board Meeting Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Legislative Update
10:00 - 1030 a.m. Public Comment
Continued State Assessment Discussion, Options and Next Steps
Higher Education Admissions Policy - PARCC
Addition of Assessments to the School Readiness Assessment Menu
Lunch/Executive Session: The State Board will convene an executive session to receive legal advice on specific legal questions pursuant to 24-6-402(3)(a)(II) C.R.S., and on matters required to be kept confidential by federal law, rules or state statutes pursuant to 24-6-402(3)(a)(III) C.R.S.
Approval of Rules, Emergency Rulemaking Hearings and Notice of Rulemaking:
- Rules for the Administration, Certification and Oversight of Colorado Online Programs
- Rules for the Administration of Adult Education and Literacy Grant Program
- Colorado Counselor Corps Grant Program Rules
- Rules for the Administration of the Waiver of Statute and Rule for Charter Schools
- Repeal and Reenact Rules for the Administration of the English Language Proficiency Act
- Rules for the Administration of the School Turnaround Leaders Development Program
- Rules Governing the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in our Schools Loan Program
Discussion on AP United States History Curriculum and Framework
Public Comment, continued (estimated to begin at 4:30 p.m.)
To view the full agenda one week prior to the Regular meeting, please go to http://www.boarddocs.com/co/cde/Board.nsf/Public and select the date of the meeting.
All rulemaking hearings and appeals will be held in the State Board Room of the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO 80203.
Listen Live! is only available during scheduled meeting dates and times.