Regional Assessment Training (RAT) for BEST Plus, TABE and CASAS will take place in August and September 2014 for AEFLA- and EL/Civics-funded adult education programs in Colorado. Effective FY15, three components of RAT are required and must be completed in order to meet state criteria for test administration in AEFLA‐funded programs.
Regional Assessment Training will include:
1. Pre‐training webinar: overview of assessment policy
-Full‐day face‐to‐face BEST Plus training
-Half‐day face‐to‐face TABE or CASAS training
-Online Certification for those who have previously attended CASAS BIT training
3. Post‐training local application activity
CDE/AEFL requires test administrators for each assessment used at the program to be certified every two years. Minimally, one person from each program must be certified in each standardized assessment used.
- Regional Assessment Training flyer
- Regional Assessment Training Registration
- CDE/AEFL Calendar and Critical Dates