Definition of Technical Assistance
The AEFL Office defines technical assistance (TA) as information, guidance, assistance, professional development and training in planning, developing and administering activities supported by the AEFLA grant program. Technical assistance can be general, targeted, or intensive.
- General TA includes information or publications such as newsletters, handbooks, and the AEFL Web site; and communication by telephone or e-mail.
- Targeted TA is based on needs common to multiple grantees such as the AEIOU New Directors' Support Project, AEFLA Program Directors' Conference, and topical webinars.
- Intensive TA is purposeful, planned assistance to resolve a specific compliance or performance problem. This is usually initated by the AEFL Office and/or CDE's Office of Grants Fiscal.
Annual AEFLA Program Directors Conference
AEFLA Program Directors Conference is held annually to update and inform programs about current issues, initiatives, and opportunities; and to offer an opportunity for networking with CDE/AEFL staff and program directors and their key staff.
- FY2012-13 Conference Presentations and Handouts
- FY2013-14 Conference Presentations and Handouts
- FY2014-15 Planning Meeting Presentations and Handouts
WIOA Transition Resources