Definition of Technical Assistance
The AEFL Office defines technical assistance (TA) as information, guidance, assistance, professional development and training in planning, developing and administering activities supported by the AEFLA grant program. Technical assistance can be general, targeted, or intensive.
- General TA includes information or publications such as newsletters, handbooks, and the AEFL Web site; and communication by telephone or e-mail.
- Targeted TA is based on needs common to multiple grantees such as the AEIOU New Directors' Support Project, AEFLA Program Directors' Conference, and topical webinars.
- Intensive TA is purposeful, planned assistance to resolve a specific compliance or performance problem. This is usually initated by the AEFL Office and/or CDE's Office of Grants Fiscal.
Annual AEFLA Program Directors Conference
AEFLA Program Directors Conference is held annually to update and inform programs about current issues, initiatives, and opportunities; and to offer an opportunity for networking with CDE/AEFL staff and program directors and their key staff.
- FY2012-13 Conference Presentations and Handouts
- FY2013-14 Conference Presentations and Handouts
- FY2014-15 Planning Meeting Presentations and Handouts
AEFL Staff Contacts for Questions and Assistance
Debra Fawcett, Principal Consultant
AEFLA grant: continuation, RFP, annual performance report, program budget, performance targets, policy and compliance issues
Data Collection and Reporting: CAESAR, NRS cohorts and follow-up, statistical reports; program performance
Vacant, Senior Consultant
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Authorization
Jane Miller, Senior Consultant
Professional Development: Annual Teacher Self-assessment, PD Policy, PD MAP
ESL and EL/Civics:
Standards of Quality for Adult Education Programs in Colorado