This is a list of key words, terms, names and acronyms used in Colorado's Adult Education and Family Literacy Act grant program and throughout adult education. Below you will find printable documents that can be used as a reference for some of the most common words, terms, names and acronyms.
Under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, adult education programs are called to partner with various organizations to help adult learners achieve educational, family and workforce goals. This document defines key terms used in adult education that are helpful for partner organizations to understand when partnering with adult education programs.
AEFL Acronyms (PDF)
This list is a reference of the most common acronyms related to the grant. This list will give you the words and supporting definitions for the most commonly used acronyms.
The Colorado Adult Education System for Accountability and Reporting (CAESAR) is the data collection and reporting database for AEFLA funded programs. The definitions for terms found in CAESAR are identified in this link.
Acronyms Quick Reference
- ABEA - Adult Basic Education Authorization
- AEI - Adult Education Initiatives
- AEFLA - Adult Education and Family Literacy Act
- BEST Plus - Basic English Skills Test
- CASAS - Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System
- TABE - Tests of Adult Basic Education
- WIOA - Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act