Identification and Recruitment
Identification of families for the Migrant Education Program is essential. Identifying families that may qualify for Migrant services is done through the five local programs via Educational Recruiters. The recruiter identifies families by getting in touch with their local schools, contacting employers that work in an agricultural-related field or through word of mouth. Recruiters meet with the families to discuss whether they qualify for the Migrant Education Program. Families can qualify if they work in an agricultural-related field or if they intended to work in an agricultural-related field. However, if a family has been in the area for longer than 36 months they do not qualify for the Migrant Education Program.
For additional information please download the Identification and Recuitment Guidebook.
Forms and Documents for Migrant Education Program
- Instructions for Completing the Residency Verification Forms for Non-Attending Students
- Residency Verification English-sample
- Residency Verification Spanish-sample
- Residency Verification English MS 2007 version
- Residency Verification English MS 97-03 version
- Residency Verification Spanish MS 2007 version
- Residency Verification Spanish MS 97-03 version