Office of English Language Development
1560 Broadway, Suite 1450
Denver, CO 80202
E-mail: Office of English Language Development
Our mission is to support all English language learners, and migrant students, linguistically, socially and academically, by providing educational leadership for teachers, parents/guardians, students and Colorado communities.
- Attend the Language, Culture and Equity Academy on April 30
- The EL Guidebook: Guidebook on Designing, Delivering and Evaluating Services for English Learners - Updated January 2015
- Any changes or edits to the guidebook, please submit to Georgina Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15. We appreciate any feedback and rely on the field to strengthen the quality of the EL guidebook.
U.S. Departments of Education and Justice Release Joint Guidance to Ensure English Learner Students Have Equal Access to High-Quality Education; Department of Education Launches EL Tool Kit
On January 7, 2015, the Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights and the Department of Justice released a Joint guidance to spell out the legal obligations of state and local education agencies to English learners. At the same time, Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) released the first chapter of an English Learners Tool Kit (on identifying all English learners), offering check lists, tools, and resources to help SEAs and LEAs in fulfilling their obligations. Here is the Department of Education press release for links to all resources.
- 2013 - 2014 AMAO Infomation Now Available
- 2014 English Language Proficiency Standards & Program Statewide Tour
- Technical Assistance Support Form
- Redesignation and Exit Guidance
- 2013-2014 State of the State: Colorado English Learners and Migrant Students
- EL Data Dig How to Tool
Programs and Initiatives
- Migrant Education Program, No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Title I - Part C
- Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students, No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Title III
- English Language Proficiency Act (ELPA)
- Parent Engagement