CDE will be closed on Friday, July 3 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
First Annual Deaf and Hard of Hearing Transforming Transition Conference
Event Date and Time
Join us as we transform transition for students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
What’s the Plan for Life After High School?
In order for Deaf and Hard of Hearing adolescents to graduate feeling confident in their future goals, supported, and self-determined to pursue next steps as productive young adults, a collaborative strategic individualized transition plan is essential. Connect with other high school students, parents, and professionals around the state for inspiration, information and action steps to use right away for successful transition planning.
Designed with YOU in Mind!
- participate in “The Amazing Race” to explore a beautiful college campus and utilize their problem solving skills.
- gain better understanding of how to access services and accommodations to appropriately meet their individual needs.
- learn how to take an active role in their education and future.
- increase their understanding of how to support their teen through the transition process.
- gain skills to support the independence and increased responsibility of their teen.
- expand knowledge of the resources and services available for their teen.
- learn the skill gaps that employers and educators are continuing to experience from graduates who are deaf and hard of hearing.
- take a deep dive into the transition IEP and appropriate goal setting.
- discover appropriate methods to empower students to take a more active role in the IEP and transition process.