Technology Readiness Tool Retirement - September 2014
The Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) is an online database designed to collect information about district readiness for online assessment. Thank you for your efforts in submitting data to the TRT over the past few years. The information that you have provided has helped us gain a better understanding of device and bandwidth capacity across the state and we hope that gathering TRT information has assisted your district in performing technology gap analyses.
As the grant period comes to an end, PARCC will be retiring the TRT tool on September 1, 2014, and we want to prepare you for this upcoming event by providing a schedule of important dates. There will be one final snapshot on August 18. After this snapshot, PARCC plans to remove user access to the create and edit data components of the tool. Users will be provided with “Report View” only mode. This means that you will no longer be able to update/edit your data in the system through the Setup tab after August 18; however, you will be able to view and download your reports from the Reports tab. Additionally, you will not have access to “Batch File Importing and Exporting” features from the Setup tab, so you may want to download your raw data before August 18. The schedule of important upcoming TRT dates is provided below:
- August 17, 2014: The last day to update/edit data in the system and download your raw data before the “Report View” is enabled
- August 18, 2014: The last planned snapshot and the first day that every PARCC user in the system will have “Report View” only access and data can no longer be edited in the system
- August 31, 2014: The last day that the Technology Readiness Tool will be available to PARCC members and the last day to download/obtain reports from the Report tab
- September 1, 2014: PARCC states and their members will be inactivated from the system.
We will keep you informed about any future opportunities that would allow districts and the state to gather information about technology readiness for online assessment.
Technology Readiness Tool Open Source Code
We are excited to announce the first open source code component has been posted on behalf of the PARCC Consortium. In 2012 the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium and the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) jointly commissioned a Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) to support state and local education agencies to evaluate and determine needed technology and infrastructure upgrades for the new online assessments to be launched by the two consortia in the 2014-15 school year. The TRT source code is now publicly available and can be found at the following link: https://github.com/SmarterApp/TechnologyReadinessTool.
Technology Readiness Tool Resources
Technology Readiness Tool
The Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) is designed to collect device and local data to determine technology readiness for online assessments.
The tool can:
- Provide analysis reports based on minimum and recommended guidelines.
- Evaluate the district’s readiness for online assessment.
- Find a district’s ratio of students to devices.
- Inform the district’s allocation and procurement of technology resources.
- Assist districts with identifying a corrective action plan for online testing readiness.
CDE and PARCC plan to use the data from this tool to evaluate state readiness for online assessment, and to set policies regarding online assessment.
For assistance in completing the TRT, please view the TRT Quick Guide.