High Level Checklist
- Receive PearsonAccess account information from DAC.
- DTC identify School Technology Coordinators and create PearsonAccess accounts.
- STC view Site Readiness Technical Training.
- Network Preperation
- Configure Firewall/Content filter.
- Identify testing labs and Proctor Caching Machines.
- Install Proctor Caching (Software Download Mac or PC).
- Complete System Check verification on workstations and wireless testing labs.
- Update workstations to comply with TestNav hardware/software requirements.
CDE recommends updating the proctor cache software 2014.1.15 that is available for download here: http://parcc.pearson.com/technology-setup/
Installation Steps: To install the updated proctor caching software, follow the steps below:
1. Purge Content from Current Proctor Caching Machine.
Type the static IP colon 4480 into your browser’s address bar (xxx.xx.x.xx:4480) to see the proctor caching server’s status.
- On the Home tab, select Go to Content List tab or select the Contents tab.
- To filter your list, enter search criteria and select a value from the drop-down list. Select Clear to reset your search criteria.
- Select the test to purge.
- Click Purge Content.
- Enter the following proctor password in the popup window: t35t1n6
- Test content is purged.
2. Uninstall Proctor Caching.
3. Install the new Proctor Caching software.
Verify Assessment Environments in the PearsonAccess Training Center
- TestNav 8 Online Support - Includes requirements and documentation for TN 8.
- CMAS URLs
TestNav 8 and Third Party Assistive Technology
Community of Practice for Colorado Site Readiness for Online Assessment
- Visit the Google Group to join.
Pearson CMAS Call Center | 888-687-4759 |Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm (MST) E-mail | firstname.lastname@example.org