Spring 2015 CMAS Results - Science and Social Studies
- CMAS Results
- Results by Group - Science and Social Studies (PDF)
- Results by District and School (including participation) - Science (XLS)
- Results by District and School (including participation) - Social Studies (XLS)
- State Disaggregated Summary Report - Science (PDF)
- State Disaggregated Summary Report - Social Studies (PDF)
See also: CoAlt Results
News and Announcements
Final Performance Level Descriptors (PLDs) Available for the High School CMAS Science and Social Studies Assessments
Spring 2016 Assessments
The Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS): Science and Social Studies assessments will be administered in elementary, middle, and high schools this spring. Students in grades 5, 8, and 11 will take the science assessments. The social studies assessments will be administered in grades 4 and 7 on a sampling basis to one-third of the schools. The administration window is April 11 - 29, 2016.
- Spring 2016 CMAS and CoAlt: Science and Social Studies Procedures Manual
- Spring 2016 CMAS: Science and Social Studies Accommodations Supplement
- Spring 2016 CMAS: Science and Social Studies Colorado specific SR/PNP file layout
- Spring 2016 Test Administrator Manuals
- Verification of District Training Form
Spring 2015 Assessments
The Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS): Science and Social Studies assessments were administered in elementary and middle schools in spring 2015. 4th and 7th grade students took the social studies assessments; 5th and 8th grade students took the science assessments. The administration window was April 13 - May 1, 2015.
- Spring 2015 CMAS Administration Training PPT
- Spring 2015 CMAS and CoAlt: Science and Social Studies Procedures Manual
- Spring 2015 CMAS: Science and Social Studies Accommodations Supplement
- Spring 2015 CMAS and CoAlt: Science and Social Studies Data Supplement
- Spring 2015 CMAS and CoAlt: Science and Social Studies Post-test Attempt File Layout
- Technical Reports
Fall 2014 Assessments
The High School CMAS: Science and Social Studies assessments were administered to 12th graders in fall 2014. The administration window was November 3 - November 21, 2014.
Spring 2014 Assessments
Practice testing environments, also referred to as ePATs (electronic Practice Assessment Tools), help to familiarize students with the testing environment. Districts are strongly encouraged to give students time to practice the tests before actual testing. The practice environment will help students navigate through the testing environment and learn to use the embedded supports.
Performance Levels and Policy Claims including Cut Scores
Each Performance Level of the CMAS Science and Social Studies assessments has a high level policy claim associated with it. This policy claim gives a general idea of what is expected of a student at each level regardless of their grade level. The Strong and Distinguished Command levels are on track for College and Career Readiness.
Students taking the CMAS: Science and Social Studies assessments are given an overall scale score that ranges from 300-900. Colorado educators set cut scores for each performance level based on the specific content that students should be able to engage with at each Performance Level. The cut scores were then adopted by the State Board of Education in August 2014.
Grade Level Specific Performance Level Descriptors
The frameworks list the percent representation and number of score points for each of the reporting categories/standard areas that will appear on the summative assessments. They also specify the Evidence Outcomes that are eligible for inclusion on the state assessments. Topics explicitly identified in the Social Studies standards are legitimate content for the assessment in addition to the standards' concept and skills.
CDE has incorporated feedback on the draft versions of the frameworks from content experts and educators in the field to create the final versions. Small shifts in distribution of points were made across Social Studies standards in grade 4 and Science standards in grades 5 and 8. In addition to a shift in the distribution of points in high school Social Studies, changes were made to the assessable content in high school civics and economics.
Spring 2014 CMAS: Standards, PGCs, and GLEs
Invitation to be included in the Educator Pool
If you are interested in participating in assessment development committees, please access the Educator Database questionnaire.