2013 - 2014 Training
Registration Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013CoAltAdmin
Training will be a full day event with CoAlt - Reading, Writing and Mathematics in the morning, and CoAlt - Science and Social Studies in the afternoon.
District Assessment Coordinators must attend a training facilitated by a CDE employee from the Assessment Unit. District Assessment Coordinators are responsible to ensure all CoAlt Test Examiners are fully trained prior to administering the assessment.
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) Assessment Unit uses a Trainer of Trainers model. This means that Districts are responsible for the training of CoAlt Test Examiners. Training at the district level must be a live training where Test Examiners have the opportunity to practice the required skills, ask questions, and clarify understanding of required administration and accommodation policy.
CDE is not providing a live WebEx for CoAlt - Reading, Writing and Mathematics this year. Please plan on attending one of the face-to-face trainings.
Pearson, Inc. will present WebEx trainings related to CoAlt - Science and Social Studies score entry shortly before the late spring testing window. This training provides a refresher on item protocols, but this WebEx should not be the only training for Test Examiners or DACs.
If a district contracts educational services for CoAlt eligible students with another educational agency, the student's home district must ensure assessment arrangements are made either with the home district or with the district of attendance. The student's home district is responsible to ensure that the assessment is given in a standardized manner, by a qualified and trained Test Examiner.
Since, all CoAlt Test Examiners must be trained annually for the assessment, District Assessment Coordinators should plan on two separate district trainings windows. The first training, prior to the February assessment window should cover policy and procedures for the CoAlt - Reading, Writing and Mathematics assessment. The second training, after the first test window closes, and prior to the April assessment window should cover policy and procedures for the CoAlt - Science and Social Studies Assessment.
|November 18||Grand Junction|
|November 25||Greeley||Recheduled due to illness|
|December 11||Denver/Golden||closed at capacity|
|December 19||Denver/Cherry Creek|
2012-2013 CoAlt Training Materials
- CoAlt: Reading, Writng and Mathematics Training Items
- CoAlt: Reading, Writing and Mathematics Training Items - Answer Choices
- CoAlt: Reading, Writing and Mathematics Scoring Protocol
- 2013 - 2014 TCAP/CoAlt: Reading, Writing and Mathematics Procedures Manual
- 2013 - 2014 CMAS/CoAlt: Science & Social Studies Procedures Manual (coming soon)
- CoAlt: Reading, Writing and Mathematics Test Examiner's Manual (coming soon)
- CoAlt: Reading, Writing and Mathematics DAC/SAC Manual (coming soon)
- CoAlt: Science & Social Studies Test Examiner's Manual (coming soon)
- CoAlt: Science & Social Studies DAC/SAC Manual (coming soon)