To learn about how the Education Accountability Act of 2009 (SB 09-163) is being implemented, please see the resources below.
- District Accountability Handbook (updated August 2013)
This handbook provides detailed guidance, directed for school districts, principals and local board members around implementing the Education Accountability Act of 2009.
- Priority Improvement and Turnaround Supplement (updated August 2012)
This handbook provides more details around what it means when a school or district needs to adopt a Priority Improvement or Turnaround Plan.
- Model District Accreditation Contract (issued May 29, 2011) and Model Priority Improvement or Turnaround Accreditation Contract.
The Model District Accreditation Contract is an example of the contracts that districts that are Accredited with Improvement, Performance or Distinction Plans implement and which automatically review every year. The Model Priority Improvement or Turnaround Accreditation Contract is an example of the contract that those districts must sign annually.
- Timeline: District Accreditation and Submission of District Plan (updated August 2013)
This document outlines the accountability and planning timeline for districts for 2013-14.
- Timeline: School Accreditation and Submission of School Plan (updated August 2013)
This document outlines the accountability and planning timeline for school for 2013-14.
- Frequently Asked Questions (updated August 2011)